A Job Safety and Environmental Analysis (JSEA) is a written document that sets out the high risk work activities to be carried out at a workplace, the hazards and risks arising from these activities and the measures to be put in place to control the risks. A JSEA considers the environmental as well as health hazards. Its primary purpose is to help supervisors and workers implement and monitor the control measures established at the workplace to ensure high risk work is carried out safely.
An example of a JSEA can be found here.
The JSEAsy Safety Software enables you to easily and quickly build a site specific JSEA by inserting templates of the steps that you are going to take in the order in which you are going to take them.
The JSEAsy software combines the requirements of a Job Safety and Environmental Analysis (JSEA) and a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) into one document
Hundreds of templates included - 1 low price - Exceptional value!
Considering the Environmental hazards and controls
when completing a Job Safety and Environmental Analysis (JSEA) or a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) is very important!7
The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is a United States environmental law that promotes the enhancement of the environment and established the President's Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ)
Enforcing environmental laws is a central part of EPA's Strategic Plan to protect human health and the environment. EPA works to ensure compliance with environmental requirements. When warranted, EPA will take civil or criminal enforcement action against violators of environmental laws.
Some of the common environmental hazards considered in the JSEAsy software include:
- Blocking creeks or waterways
- Damage to property
- Disposal or Transport of Wastes from site
- Disturb Cultural Heritage Sites
- Disturbance to Plants or animals - removal of vegetation
- False alarm
- Fire from engine exhaust
- Inefficient electricity use/ Production of greenhouse Gas
- Inefficient resource use
- Inefficient resource use – wasting water
- Noise/ disturbing the peace
- Noise/ vibrations (offsite Impacts)
- Release of Emissions to air
- Spills to land contamination
- Spills to water - stormwater
- Spreading of Weeds and pests
- Swarf causing damage to property
- Use of pesticides/ Insecticides
- Waste Generation
For all of the industries listed below there are hundreds of JSEA Templates
are included in the JSEAsy Software