Site Specific JHA (JSA, JSEA, SWMS)
This is where you enter in details for your site specific JHA. Note the reference to "JHA" will change to "JSEA" , "SWMS", or "JSA", or "JHA" depending on the selected region.
You can build your site specific JHA from scratch, however it is usually easier to build it by inserting templates of the steps that you are going to take in the order in which you are going to take them.
- Insert an existing JHA Templates into your site specific JHA
- Click on the insert JHA template button on the RHS of "New Main Process Step"
- After inserting a JHA template if you click on the Main process step, it will select it and highlight in green
- When a Main Process step is highlighted in green the associated sup process step will also be highlighted in green
- If you click on a potential hazard associated with the sub process step, it will be highlighted in green, and the related control measures will be displayed
- From there you can add or delete any entries (main or sub process steps, potential hazards, or control measures.)
- click on View/ Edit Signoff List to take you back to the previous window
- Select PPE required for your job
- Select/ Edit the duties and responsibilities, Licensing, training requirements etc.. for your job
- if you find an error in the list of Potential Hazards and control measures you can edit them here
Watch a Video Demonstration on creating a Site specific JHA using existing templates (5 min 28 sec)
If you are going to make a JHA for a task that you are like to do over again, you are better off making a template that contains all of the job steps, and then inserting tat template into your site specific JHA. (Note you can not copy an existing site specific JHA into another job.)
A good example of this is to look at the Bricklaying to new project home template.
- Go to the main options
- Select an existing "JHA" template
- Open for read only
- Type in Brick in the bottom Keyword search box (Search all industry types and all Industry Specifics)
- Click in the line that say, "Bricklaying to new project home"
- Click ok
- Review the template
Look at creating a new "JHA" template for information and tips on creating a new JHA template